NAFSN regularly searches for food systems–related job opportunities from a dozen green job sites as well as COMFOODJOBS email list. Please note that this list is for professional or managerial positions only that pay at least a LIVING WAGE in your locale. Farm apprenticeships and internships are not included. Other farm management positions are welcome.
If you would like us to post a job opportunity, send details with links and contacts to: Duncan Hilchey
Job Detail: General Manager
About: Red Fire Farm is seeking a General Manager. Reporting directly to farm owners Ryan and Sarah Voiland you will manage every aspect of the farm; while working with and delegating to the management team. This position offers the right person a mix of office time and quality hands on time in the fields. This is an exciting and challenging, albeit dirty, job for anyone who is looking for a change of pace or to advance their farming career to the next level.
- You should have 2 – 5 years plus of experience in both farming and management. However, your management experience does not necessarily have to be in farming. You must have at least 4 years of experience in one of these two areas to be considered. You MUST have a valid drivers license and clean driving record to be considered for this position.
- Have a good attitude and be willing to learn.
- Be a great leader and team player.
- Thrive under pressure and be an excellent multitask-er
- Be able to lift 50 lbs repeatedly and easily, and work physically all day.
- Have excellent customer service skills with a focus on building relationships and retention.
- Be very detail oriented.
- Have excellent Excel and computer skills.
- It is strongly preferred that you speak Spanish, have some large volume sales and account relationship experience, have a solid knowledge of tractor operation & maintenance, and have a great sense of humor. If you speak additional languages that will also be a plus but not required.
Compensation and Benefits:
Hourly rate of $17 – $20 per hour based on experience with a mandatory training period rate of $15 – $17 per hour also based on experience. All the fresh organic produce you can eat!
10 paid vacation days! (We currently do not offer commercial health insurance; some of our employees are covered through the MA Health Connector.)
Please send a letter of interest as well as a simple resume including three relevant work references with contact information to email@example.com.
About the job
|Date||13 August 2019|