NAFSN regularly searches for food systems–related job opportunities from a dozen green job sites as well as COMFOODJOBS email list. Please note that this list is for professional or managerial positions only that pay at least a LIVING WAGE in your locale. Farm apprenticeships and internships are not included. Other farm management positions are welcome.
If you would like us to post a job opportunity, send details with links and contacts to: Duncan Hilchey
Job Detail: National Initiative Project Manager
The role of the National Initiative Project Manager twofold: support VPP by working with National Initiative Directors to ensure their project requirements are met, projects are completed on time and within budget and to support project scoping for new/future projects; and to provide administration and general project support to VPP. This position includes the benefit of working from home with a preferred location within the NYC metro and surrounding area, but will also consider housing the position at our Pacific Northwest Regional Office in Seattle, WA; the New England Regional Office in Northampton, MA; or at our National Office in Washington, DC.
Delivery of national initiative programmatic commitments by means of effective planning, management, coordination, budget tracking, and administrative support.
- Agree on project objectives.
- Provide independent advice on the management of projects.
- Organize the various professional people working on a project.
- Ensure that all project milestones are met, and deliverables completed and delivered on time.
- Use software to keep track of people and progress.
- Monitor contractors/partners to ensure guidelines, budgets and deliverables are maintained.
- Track project budgets and provide regular feedback to initiative directors and VPP regarding drawdown and remaining available funds.
- Provide and/or prepare program updates to VPP.
- Provide administrative support to VPP that may include (but are not limited to) travel. arrangements and related expense reports, meeting notes, meeting scheduling, developing. slide decks and short programmatic reports and updates.
- Gatekeeper for VPP as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- +5 years’ experience in a Project Management role
- An undergraduate degree in or related to one of the following disciplines: agriculture, farmland protection, extension/outreach, sustainability; or if education is in a different discipline, 2+ years work experience in some aspect of agriculture and or sustainability.
- Professional qualification or certification in Project Management.
- Experienced in using Outlook, Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Sharepoint, Teams, and Microsoft Project, and some other type of project management software.
- Able to work with a high level of discretion.
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative.
- Sound administrative skills.
- Ability to work effectively across the organization.
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- Excellent planning, organizational and communication skills.
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Experience working with co-workers and partners who are not co-located and managing projects through the influence of people who don’t report to you.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and background. AFT provides a full and generous benefits package.
How to Apply:
Learn more about the position and apply here!
About the job
|Date||26 October 2019|