NAFSN regularly searches for food systems–related job opportunities from a dozen green job sites as well as COMFOODJOBS email list. Please note that this list is for professional or managerial positions only that pay at least a LIVING WAGE in your locale. Farm apprenticeships and internships are not included. Other farm management positions are welcome.
If you would like us to post a job opportunity, send details with links and contacts to: Duncan Hilchey
Job Detail: Program Assistant
About Henry P. Kendall Foundation:
The Henry P. Kendall Foundation is seeking a full-time Program Assistant to support all aspects of the Foundation’s programs and operations. The Program Assistant will join the Foundation’s small team to assist in carrying out our regional food systems grantmaking program that seeks to contribute to the creation of a resilient and sustainable food system in New England.
Information about the Henry P. Kendall Foundation can be found on theirwebsite: www.kendall.org.
We are seeking a highly motivated and well-organized professional to work closely with the Executive Director and Program Officer to carry out the programmatic goals and operational requirements of the foundation. The Program Assistant has three primary areas of responsibility: operations, grants management and program support, along with special projects as they arise.
- Be the first point of contact for people calling or emailing the Foundation
- Provide support to Executive Director and Program Officer (coordinate schedules and set meetings; draft correspondence)
- Maintain and improve systems to enable smooth functioning of the Foundation’s office
- Process expense reports, prepare invoices for payment, and generate financial reports as requested
- Coordinate the preparation of materials for board meetings
- Participate in annual workplanning
- Maintain website, including writing blog posts and grantee profiles
- Provide a high level of customer service for existing and prospective grantees
- Along with Program Officer, maintain grants management system (Foundant) and stay current on best practices with regard to the system
- Coordinate grantee award letter process and communication with grantees
- Precisely track deadlines and grantee reporting requirements
- Conduct preliminary research and field scanning on issues of interest to the Foundation
- Draft grant proposal summaries for board dockets as needed in partnership with Executive Director and Program Officer
- Participate in program evaluation activities
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required.
- 0-3 years professional experience.
- Highly organized and able to keep track of multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Proven ability to establish organizational and tracking systems and maintain them effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a customer-service orientation that supports positive partnerships and collegial relationships
- Experience supporting senior level professionals and comfort interacting with members of the HPKF Board of Trustees
- Demonstrated interest in the Foundation’s mission and vision
- Some travel may be required
Please send a cover letter, resume and three references to email@example.com.
About the job
|Date||26 December 2019|