NAFSN regularly searches for food systems–related job opportunities from a dozen green job sites as well as COMFOODJOBS email list. Please note that this list is for professional or managerial positions only that pay at least a LIVING WAGE in your locale. Farm apprenticeships and internships are not included. Other farm management positions are welcome.
If you would like us to post a job opportunity, send details with links and contacts to: Duncan Hilchey
Job Detail: Food Access Specialist
This position reports directly to the General Manager of Kidz Table. The Food Access Specialist serves as liaison for Kidz Table and all of its' customers, vendors and visitors, addressing and resolving any concerns they may have.
- Creates a welcoming and positive environment for customers, vendors and customers.
- Provides information to customers, vendors and visitors as it relates to orders, dates of service and concerns regarding new and existing contracts and services; forwarding information to responsible parties of Kidz Table as deemed necessary.
- Independently decides best course of action to be taken to resolve concerns of customers, vendors and visitors to ensure concerns are resolved satisfactorily.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with new and existing customers through site visits.
- Maintains internal and external Kidz Table data and reports including but not limited to Dash Board Reports, Billing Reports, Kitchen production, meal counts, Kidz Table Daily Financial sheet and delivery data.
- Conducts MSDE required site inspections which occur multiple times a year.
- Represents Kidz Table at Food Access outreach events.
- Receives and responds to calls and emails from customers regarding meal counts numbers, delays and/ or time changes.
- Query customers when necessary about numbers and timing issues to ensure accuracy.
- Alerts executive Chef, Distribution Manager and Business Manager to changes that may affect kitchen production, deliveries and client billing.
- Maintain daily data of delivery times, routes, menu and special meal orders.
- Attends and participates in all staff meetings and other meetings as directed.
- Assists with and attends special events held by Kidz Table and St. Vincent de Paul.
- Creates a welcoming and positive environment for customers, vendors and visitors.
- Upholds the vision, mission and values of St. Vincent de Paul of Baltimore and Kidz Table.
- Other duties as assigned within the scope of the position as requested by supervisor.
- Associates Degree required. Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred.
- A minimum of three (3) years of customer service and data management experience required. Experience in food production setting preferred.
- Pleasant phone manner and ability to stay calm when dealing with difficult or disgruntle people.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills, with attention to detail and high accuracy rate.
- Exceptional written and verbal skills.
- Able to work effectively as a part of a team and independently.
- Ability to take initiative and creatively solve problems.
- Able to set priorities, work under pressure, meet tight deadlines, be flexible and multitask.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
About the job
|Date||09 January 2020|