NAFSN regularly searches for food systems–related job opportunities from a dozen green job sites as well as COMFOODJOBS email list. Please note that this list is for professional or managerial positions only that pay at least a LIVING WAGE in your locale. Farm apprenticeships and internships are not included. Other farm management positions are welcome.
If you would like us to post a job opportunity, send details with links and contacts to: Duncan Hilchey
Job Detail: Summer 2020 Intern
NSAC’s Grassroots Intern will work closely with NSAC’s grassroots and policy staff on a full range of daily activities in our fast-paced DC office. Tasks will include:
- Assisting NSAC staff and coalition members with national grassroots outreach campaigns using social media, email, and other advocacy tools;
- Developing creative, impactful engagement tools for farmers and consumers – including digital and multimedia materials – around a range of issues and campaigns, including local and regional food systems, working lands conservation, beginning farmer issues, sustainable ag research, and much more;
- Conducting research, analysis, and interviews to support advocacy campaigns;
- Assisting with planning and execution of NSAC events, including farmer lobby days in Washington, DC;
- Drafting blog posts, social media posts, advocacy messages, and other materials;
- Supporting NSAC’s Diversity Committee & furthering our racial equity efforts – assisting with monthly calls and other endeavors.
- Assisting with other projects and assignments as needed.
An understanding of and passion for sustainable food and farm issues, including how they intersect with racial equity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with community organizing and grassroots capacity building efforts
- Experience working with diverse communities to build inclusive and collaborative spaces
- Ability to both work independently and be a good team player
- Self-motivated, organized, and able to stay on task when managing multiple projects
- Multimedia skills (graphic design, videography, photography) a plus
- Preferred but not required – fluency in a language other than English
How to Apply:
Please send your resume, cover letter (including your interests in sustainable agriculture and grassroots organizing), and the names and contact information for two references in one combined document to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Summer Grassroots Intern” in the subject line. No phone calls, please. Application deadline: Monday, March 30 2020 .
NSAC is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from historically under-represented groups, including but not limited to women and people of color. Please also see NSAC’s Statement on Racial Equity. NSAC makes hiring decisions without regard to gender, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
About the job
|Date||10 March 2020|