NAFSN regularly searches for food systems–related job opportunities from a dozen green job sites as well as COMFOODJOBS email list. Please note that this list is for professional or managerial positions only that pay at least a LIVING WAGE in your locale. Farm apprenticeships and internships are not included. Other farm management positions are welcome.
If you would like us to post a job opportunity, send details with links and contacts to: Duncan Hilchey
Job Detail: Certification Director
The Certification Director provides leadership and oversight to grow and continually improve the NOFA-NY organic certification program. They are responsible for managing and overseeing certification processes, resources and outcomes. The Director maintains the integrity of the certification program and ensures compliance to the USDA National Organic Program Regulations while providing exceptional customer service. Director collaborates with the parent company, (NOFA-NY-INC), staff, inspectors, applicants, and Management Committee to design and execute program. NOFA-NY Certified Organic is a USDA-Accredited organic certification program which is a wholly-owned Limited Liability Corporation of the Northeast Organic Farming Association – New York, Inc. (NOFA-NY Inc.).
- Lead the certification program, oversee processes, meet quality standards and achieve performance outcomes.
- Demonstrate executive presence, convene meetings & interface with staff (in house staff, remote staff, and infield inspectors) and certification applicants.
- Demonstrate expertise, ensure that certification service-level standards are met, develop and enforce the established policies, guarantee superior customer service and comply with USDA certification and administrative requirements.
- Develop and oversee program budget revenue and expenses
- Oversee certification files, reports and tracking methods to meet regulations and internal standards.
- Collaborate and monitor NOP and financial audit requirements to ensure compliance to policies and procedures.
- Report to Management Committee, and serve as a representative of the organization at sponsored programs and conferences regarding the certification process.
- Interface with the parent Company Board and Staff.
- Define staff accountability, establish performance objectives, provide training and guidance, and ensure that all policies are understood and are adhered to.
- Ensure effective communication and seamless customer service experience to certification applicants.
- Recruit, interviews and select employees, contract inspectors, and contract auditors.
- Monitor new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward Company goals.
- Identification and appropriate resolution of employee and/or applicant compliant or issues.
Growth and Development
- Develop monitoring systems, create and track certification metrics to identify trends and leverage the findings to improve the program operation.
- Develop strategies for outreach to demonstrate and promote value of certification.
- Identify certification growth opportunities and strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree in administration, or other certification-related field, or five or more years experience in certification or related management field.
- Knowledge of U.S. organic certification programs, standards and requirements a plus.
- Knowledge of organic farming and familiarity with production systems, including vegetable, livestock, dairy, fruit production, as well as food processes desired.
- Demonstrated experience successfully managing customer service inquiries and disputes.
- Enthusiastic approach, self-reliant and the ability to work successfully with minimal supervision are critical to success.
- Proven relationship building skills. Promotes cooperation and mutual support to achieve goals.
- Exceptional time and project management ability and highly detail-oriented
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to work in a small, fast-paced office environment and constantly striving toward service improvement and standards of excellence.
- Responds positively to changing business needs and responsibilities. Adapts approach and methods to achieve results.
Compensation and Benefits:
The starting salary for this exempt position is $60-$70K depending on experience along with annual pay increases. Benefits include healthcare, dental and 403(b) as well as generous paid holidays/vacation time.
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to email a resume and letter of interest
NOFA-NY is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
About the job
|Location||Binghamton, New York|
|Date||16 April 2019|