NAFSN regularly searches for food systems–related job opportunities from a dozen green job sites as well as COMFOODJOBS email list. Please note that this list is for professional or managerial positions only that pay at least a LIVING WAGE in your locale. Farm apprenticeships and internships are not included. Other farm management positions are welcome.
If you would like us to post a job opportunity, send details with links and contacts to: Duncan Hilchey
Job Detail: Youth Farm Collaboration Manager
About Pinellas Education Foundation:
- Analyze and monitor progress (including Working Group progress) against specific strategies and goals identified by Working Groups
- Continue to work with evaluation team to develop outcome indicators and performance measures to evaluate progress and to inform system improvement
- Begin to collect indicators and develop data collection processes with evaluators
- Encourage sharing of best practices among the Steering Committee members and the Working Group
- Monitor outcome indicators and performance measures related to Working Group to evaluate progress and to inform system improvement
b. Knowledge Sharing, Overall Logistical Support
- Foster one-on-one relationships with Steering Committee members, Youth Advisory Board (YAB) members, and other key stakeholders
- Coordinate research and other activities currently underway by participants in the initiative
- Encourage sharing of best practices among the Steering Committee members, YAB members and the Working Groups
- Identify potential “quick wins” where Steering Committee can act quickly to advance a particular issue
- Monitor and enable easy dissemination of Common Agenda and/or Blueprint for Implementation (if developed
- Provide overall logistical support for meetings
- Identify and raise issues/concerns with the Steering Committee and YAB
- Assist development of agendas for Steering Committee and YAB meetings and other meetings as necessary
- Create decks and materials for Steering Committee and YAB meetings and other meetings as necessary
- Maintain a high-level perspective to guide and participate in Steering Committee and YAB meetings as necessary
- Follow up and manage next steps that come out of Steering Committee, YAB and Working Group meetings, as necessary
- Manage meeting logistics (e.g., dial-in, attendance, cancellations, etc.)
- Consolidate Working Group updates for Steering Committee and YAB
- Summarize meeting notes and next steps
- Engage with and/or facilitate community engagement with a broader audience, as appropriate, to build buy-in from additional stakeholders
- Facilitate communication between the Steering Committee, YAB and Working Groups to understand challenges at the Working Group level and strategic coherence at the Steering Committee and YAB level
- Develop external communications materials and a comprehensive community engagement and communications plan
- Coordinate with other major initiatives in the community, as appropriate, to minimize redundancies and align strategies and actions
- Note potential legislative agenda, policy, and funding recommendations with guidance of Working Groups, YAB and Steering Committee and serve as a go-between among the initiative and other partners advocating for particular policies
- Respond to requests for information by community partners and allies as appropriate, in coordination with Working Groups, YAB and Steering Committee
- Develop a plan for ongoing funding for the Youth Farm Project work
- Work with Steering Committee and YAB to develop a list of priority Working Group members and Co-Chairs
- Invite Working Group members through letter, calls, and 1-on-1 meetings
- Orient Working Group Co-chairs and members to their role
- Establish Working Group goals with the Steering Committee and YAB, and refine with Working Group Co-Chairs
b. Project Management, Facilitation, and Support
- Guide Working Groups to develop specific goals, metrics, and implementation strategies based on the Common Agenda
- Assist development of meeting agendas (i.e. provide draft agenda)
- Assist co-chairs/develop meeting materials including presentation
- Research topics relevant to strategy development
- Develop talking points for Working Group co-chairs
- Assist Working Group co-chairs with completing report-back to groups
- Help Working Group co-chairs incorporate Steering Committee and YAB feedback on goals, metrics, and strategies
- Follow up and manage next steps that come out of Working Group meetings
- Plan and schedule Working Group meetings
- Support Working Group co-chairs to facilitate meetings
- Ensure attendee lists are up to date
- Manage meeting logistics (e.g., video conferencing, attendance, lunch, cancellations, send final lists to admin staff etc.)
- Print meeting materials and talking points
- Maintain a schedule of courses offered at the Food System Center.
- Facilitate activities between the Youth Farm participants and the Food Systems Center.
- Implement community awareness activities to promote both the Youth Farm Project and the Food Systems Center coursework.
- Maintain clear communications between Youth Farm participants, Food Systems Center staff and PTC administration.
- Provide support to the Food Systems Center instructional staff as needed.
- Facilitate the hiring of instructors for classes held within the Food Systems Center.
Interested candidates should upload a cover letter and resume to: https://www.pinellaseducation.
About the job
|Location||St. Petersburg, Florida|
|Date||21 April 2019|