Food System Professional Employment Opportunities
NAFSN regularly searches for food systems–related job opportunities from a dozen green job sites as well as COMFOODJOBS email list. Please note that this list is for professional or managerial positions only that pay at least a LIVING WAGE in your locale. Farm apprenticeships and internships are not included. Other farm management positions are welcome.
Job Detail: Local Food Program Coordinator
About The Sustainable Business Network of Massachusetts:
The Sustainable Business Network of Massachusetts (SBN) is a non-profit membership organization that engages business and community leaders in building economies that are local, green, and fair. SBN’s Local Food Program is known regionally for our work supporting local food businesses and farms through events, campaigns, and workshops.
The Sustainable Business Network of Massachusetts (SBN) is seeking a Local Food Program Coordinator to assist in implementing SBN’s Local Food Program. The ideal candidate will be an entrepreneurial, strategic thinker, self-starter and motivated professional with experience in the following core areas: local food and/or buy local efforts in Massachusetts and New England, program development, and event planning. This role involves promoting, selling, and enrolling people and organizations for our various programs, e.g. tickets, vendors, sponsorships, etc. Successful candidates will be resourceful self-starters and team players that thrive in dynamic and fast-paced work environments with multiple priorities, and enjoy taking on new challenges.
- Build and maintain relationships with partners and businesses in the food sector
- Help to develop SBN’s Boston Local Food Program
- Raise visibility of SBN's local food advocacy initiatives
- Assist in the operations, planning, implementation, and partner coordination of the following established SBN events and programs: Local Food & Specialty Crop Trade Show, Eat Local MA Campaign, Boston Local Food Festival, B2B events, Speed Trading and other Workshops.
- Co-managing event logistics, including vendor registration, obtaining event permits, vendor placement, volunteer training, and implementation
- Recruit vendors, food buyers, attendees, volunteers, and sponsors
- Lead writing and creation of new local food buyer newsletter
- Marketing, outreach, and promotion for campaigns and events
- Co-develop farm and food business workshops
- Assist with Value-Added Local Food Product Research (page 12)
- Support SBN’s other programs and daily operations, including the Sustainable Business Awards, Annual Conference, and other programs, events, and operations
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of food system, sectors, networks, and initiatives in Massachusetts and New England
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrated skill in relationship building
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills
- Highly collaborative team player who demonstrates a positive attitude
- Quick learner, detail-oriented, multi-tasker and self-starter who can work independently and organize many competing priorities to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work remotely for the first 10 months of employment. After our office construction is complete (estimated October 2021), the Local Food Program Coordinator will be expected to work full time in our newly renovated office in Central Square, Cambridge provided an assessment of the COVID-19 situation at that time deems it safe to return to in-person work and operations.
- Proficient using:
- All basic Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Google Drive/G-Suite
- Zoom or equivalent video software tool
- 2 years of professional event planning or marketing experience
- Proficient in Spanish
- Grant writing and management experience; USDA experience an extra plus
- Fundraising experience
- Experience working at a non-profit
Wage, Timing, and Additional Information:
Benefits include paid holidays, vacation days, personal days, and monthly insurance contribution. Spanish fluency preferred, but not required.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cover letter should not be longer than one page. To apply, find the "How to Apply" heading through this link.
About the job
|Date||11 November 2020|