Food System Professional Employment Opportunities
NAFSN regularly searches for food systems–related job opportunities from a dozen green job sites as well as COMFOODJOBS email list. Please note that this list is for professional or managerial positions only that pay at least a LIVING WAGE in your locale. Farm apprenticeships and internships are not included. Other farm management positions are welcome.
Job Detail: Direct Markets Coordinator
About Northeast Organic Farming Association of Vermont:
The Northeast Organic Farming Association of Vermont promotes organic practices to build an economically viable, ecologically sound and socially just Vermont agricultural system that benefits all living things. Growing local farms, healthy food, and strong communities in Vermont since 1971.
The Direct Markets Coordinator is responsible for implementing NOFA-VT’s direct markets programs, and contributing to the local food access programs for limited income Vermonters. The Direct Markets Coordinator will report to the Farm to Institution & Food Access Programs Director. The Direct Markets Coordinator (DMC) is responsible for coordinating statewide support and training for direct market farmers and farmers markets to help improve access to and build demand for local, organic food in Vermont. Overall responsibilities include program implementation and development. The DMC will contribute to grant-writing, program evaluation and reporting, public speaking and public relations. In addition, the DMC will maintain positive, collaborative working relationships with myriad partners throughout the food system.
- Provide leadership and vision for direct markets statewide and identify opportunities/challenges facing direct marketers in Vermont.
- Develop resources, provide technical assistance, and organize professional development opportunities for direct marketers.
- Coordinate the annual Vermont Farmers Market Conference.
- Serve as the leader for the Vermont Farmers Market Association (VTFMA) and coordinate the VTFMA Board of Directors.
- Collaborate with other local and national agencies and organizations to support direct markets.
- Maintain and collect annual direct markets data including annual surveys and VTFMA membership.
- Coordinate statewide promotions of direct markets, including ensuring up-to-date directory listings for the NOFA-VT website.
- Collaborate with Community Food Access Coordinator to provide technical assistance and professional development opportunities for direct markets around food access issues
- Collaborate with the LFA Director and Development Director to ensure funding for direct markets programs.
- Understand and share passion for the strategic vision of the organization.
- Demonstrate sensitivity for food choices and behavior, hunger, poverty and food insecurity.
- Demonstrate ability to engage and build relationships among diverse audiences.
- Actively reinforce positive organizational culture.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent life experience required, (preferably in sustainable agriculture, food systems, community development, environmental science, public health, or a related field).
- Proven experience in working with direct markets, food access, and/or food systems/agriculture. Proven track record of successfully working with varied constituents.
- Knowledge of NOFA-VT’s work and the Vermont food system preferred.
- A personal interest in and passion for supporting Vermont’s farmers and food producers.
- Successful organizing of engaging and interactive workshops, trainings and resources.
- Strong organization skills and the ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail.
- Demonstrated commitment to accountability, measuring outcomes and a results-oriented culture.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and administration skills.
- Ability to work on teams with diverse groups of people
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite programs.
- Sound judgment, professionalism and a positive attitude.
- Resourcefulness, creativity and strong problem-solving skills.
- Must have access to a personal vehicle. Frequent in state travel is required with occasional out of state trips.
Wage, Timing, and Additional Information:
(32-40 hours/week, salaried, exempt) Pay band: $20-$26/hour
Please submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for three references to email@example.com with “Direct Market Coordinator Application” in the subject line.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
About the job
|Date||20 November 2020|