NAFSN regularly searches for food systems–related job opportunities from a dozen green job sites as well as COMFOODJOBS email list. Please note that this list is for professional or managerial positions only that pay at least a LIVING WAGE in your locale. Farm apprenticeships and internships are not included. Other farm management positions are welcome.
If you would like us to post a job opportunity, send details with links and contacts to: Duncan Hilchey
Job Detail: Marketing Coordinator
About Oxbow Farm and Conservation Center:
Oxbow's mission is to inspire people to eat healthy, sustainably grown food and to steward our natural resources for future generations.
The Marketing Coordinator will support Oxbow’s Communications team through core marketing functions for organization-wide initiatives and public events, along with individual marketing needs for the Education, Farm, Native Plant Nursery, Conservation, and Member programs. We are seeking a creative thinker with excellent project management skills, a knack for generating clear visuals, graphics, and written communications, and the ability to interpret Oxbow’s messaging from the perspective of our target audiences. This is a position with lots of room for creativity and exploration of new marketing strategies as Oxbow works to increase public engagement opportunities and grow a fledgling Member program. The position requires occasional after-hours and weekend work.
In collaboration with the Communications Manager, the Marketing Coordinator is responsible for the following key functions:
Marketing & Communications – 50%:
- Support regular email marketing efforts, including email design and content creation in MailChimp, and assist with email list management
- Contribute to social media marketing efforts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) and help create and implement a social media strategy
- Utilize data tracking and analytics tools to assess performance of email and social media ad campaigns
- Stay up-to-date on marketing trends and make recommendations for new marketing partners, tools, and techniques
- Build and implement marketing strategies for each of Oxbow’s key program areas
Production and Design – 40%:
- Design and produce digital and print assets such as web ads, branded social media posts, brochures, flyers, postcards, and other internal and external materials
- Manage production calendar for print/digital ads and liaise with ad vendors as needed
- Maintain consistency in brand and messaging for internal and external communications and assist with improving and implementing the master style guide
- Help create and maintain material production timelines for multiple program areas
Development – 10%:
- Help support donor database management and processing of routine donor communications, including transactional/acknowledgment emails and mailings
- Help generate and implement fundraising campaign media and materials
- Assist with occasional weekend/after-hours special events and fundraising initiatives as needed
- Ensure that all communications and marketing objectives, strategies, and messages are aligned with and supportive of Oxbow’s mission and strategic plan
- Work cross-functionally with program teams to ensure efficient and effective communication and operations
- Perform other duties as needed and assigned by the Communications Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional experience in the fields of marketing, graphic design, or communications.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role, preferably for a nonprofit or mission-based organization
- 3 years’ experience with Adobe Creative Cloud: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Acrobat
- Demonstrated proficiency and comfort using social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- Comfortable using Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written skills with proficiency using a clear, inclusive, and engaging tone
- Ability to distill complex ideas into accessible written and visual products
- Proficient copywriting, editing, and proofing skills
- An eye for graphic design and visual storytelling
- Experience with mobile-optimized web and email design using tools such as WordPress, MailChimp, or similar systems
- Knowledge of printing processes and the ability to see projects from concept to completion
- Experience using CRM tools
- Able to work both collaboratively and independently
- Comfortable receiving constructive feedback
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous deadlines
- Detail-oriented, with experience using organizational tools to stay on-task
- Ability to work in an open office environment
- Photography and/or videography experience is a big plus
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a regular, full-time position, paying a salary of $43,000-$48,000 DOE with 100% employer paid healthcare, annual dental stipend, generous holiday, vacation, and sick leave.
Please read carefully, incomplete applications will not be considered. Email a resume, letter of interest, and 3 references, as well as a link to your portfolio and/or attach 3-4 relevant work samples to: email@example.com
Please write Marketing Coordinator in the email subject line and include where you found this position in the message body.
Deadline for Applications is January 12, 2020.
About the job
|Date||30 December 2019|
About the company
|Company name||Oxbow Farm and Conservation Center|