NAFSN regularly searches for food systems–related job opportunities from a dozen green job sites as well as COMFOODJOBS email list. Please note that this list is for professional or managerial positions only that pay at least a LIVING WAGE in your locale. Farm apprenticeships and internships are not included. Other farm management positions are welcome.
If you would like us to post a job opportunity, send details with links and contacts to: Duncan Hilchey
Job Detail: Urban Resource Specialist
- Participate in meetings and conferences at the local, state, national and international levels as requested/approved by the Extension Administrator and Associate Dean for Extension
- Provide leadership in planning, monitoring and evaluation of Extension and related programs in Career Preparedness and Workforce Development
- Provide information and support to faculty, resource specialists and agents as relates to Agri-culture, Career Preparedness and Workforce Development program development, implementation and assessment
- Develop Tuskegee University and State partnerships to provide more impact in Career Preparedness and Workforce Development
- Provide facilitative leadership in evaluation of Extension program areas and related academic departments
- Provide technical assistance to CAENS and Cooperative Extension colleagues in program design, curriculum development; Extension publication/fact sheet generation; evaluation planning and design; and, data collection and analysis methods
- Conduct evaluations for multiple purposes and audiences on an ongoing basis
- Provide leadership in developing and providing various professional development experiences (i.e., New Extension professional orientation, core training, and in-service trainings) in Career Preparedness and Workforce Development
- Cooperate with CAENS/Extension personnel to develop strong, integrated Extension programs.
- Serve as a productive, member of the TUCE Program and Staff Development Team
- Develop and submit grant proposals consistent with and in support of Extension's mission
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Extension Administrator or Associate Dean for Extension
- Bachelor of Science degree in agriculture, natural resources, or a closely related field
- Ten (10) years of work experience working in the Black Belt Rural and Urban Communities
- Must demonstrate the ability to communicate and work within teams
- Must be able to teach effectively
- Experience working with Montgomery City and County communities and leadership preferred
How to Apply, Salary, and Benefits:
Commensurate with education, training and experience *Position contingent upon outside funding.
**The statements contained in this job announcement reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. **
APPLICATIONS will be accepted in the Office of Human Resources. Each applicant, including all current/existing employees, must complete and submit a Tuskegee University employment application, resume/CV, a list of (3) to (5) references (with detailed contact information) and copies of unofficial transcripts (official transcript(s) will be required upon hire). Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications and submit a completed application packet in order to be considered for the position. The University reserves the right not to fill the position in the event of budgetary or operational constraints.
Office of Human Resources
1200 West Montgomery Road
101 Kresge Center
Tuskegee, Alabama 36088
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 334-724-4319
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer-Male/Female/Veteran/Disabled
Federal law requires identity and employment eligibility verifications on Form I-9 within three (3) business days of employment. Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check.
About the job
|Date||19 November 2019|
About the company
|Company name||Tuskegee University|