NAFSN regularly searches for food systems–related job opportunities from a dozen green job sites as well as COMFOODJOBS email list. Please note that this list is for professional or managerial positions only that pay at least a LIVING WAGE in your locale. Farm apprenticeships and internships are not included. Other farm management positions are welcome.
If you would like us to post a job opportunity, send details with links and contacts to: Duncan Hilchey
Job Detail: Program Assistant
About the Center for Environmental Farming Systems:
The Center for Environmental Farming Systems (CEFS) is a partnership of NC State University, NC A&T State University and the NC Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. The Center for Environmental Farming Systems develops and promotes just and equitable food and farming systems that conserve natural resources, strengthen communities, improve health outcomes, and provide economic opportunities in North Carolina and beyond.
This position will specifically support a new 3 year grant the Center for Environmental Farming Systems (CEFS)has just been awarded. It will be housed in the general Business Office of CEFS and report both to the CEFS Business Manager and the Grant Project Director. This position will be dedicated to supporting the administrative needs of the incoming grant as well as part of the Events Logistics Team and will participate in the logistics of assigned CEFS events. This position will be part of the Administrative Working Group and will support the CEFS Business Manager in supporting the business functions of the specific grant as well as general business functions of CEFS and the 50+ CEFS employees. The grant work will specifically be for Empowering Mountain Local Food Systems grant. This is a federally funded grant targeted to coal impacted regions of Appalachia. Our goal is to help develop the local food and farming economy through supply chain enhancement, technical training, infrastructure development, agritourism, value-added production, business planning and an apprenticeship program.
Assignments will often be delivered remotely from agents in the field via email and candidate will need to prioritize based on upcoming deadlines. Superior organization and time management skills are necessary. Attention to detail, excellent follow-through, ability to think on your feet, and communicate effectively are vital to success in this position. Candidate must be able to hit the ground running, and be ready to jump into to a busy team. Only candidate with an exceptional work ethic will be considered. Sense of humor and pleasant demeanor is helpful as the events team works long days in tight spaces. www.cefs.ncsu.edu for more information on CEFS.
- Management of various projects at once
- Communicating with a wide range of stakeholders and the general public through email and phone
- Federal grant management and administrative duties
- Event planning assistance and logistics
- Management and reconciliation of company credit card
- Processing financial paperwork, including paying invoices through the NCSU invoice payment system
- Management of state travel paperwork for individuals, large conferences, and events
- Constant follow up to ensure paperwork has been processed by the state
- Data entry
B.S. in Communication, Business Administration, Accounting, Marketing, Sustainability, Environmental Science, Agroecology, Agriculture or a related field preferred, students graduating in Spring 2019 will be considered.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Superior follow-up, time management, and computer and database management skills
- Must possess an interest in sustainable agriculture
- Extremely reliable
- Ability to be a team player in a fast paced environment
- Excellent work ethic and genuine interest in the work of CEFS
- Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds and stand or sit for extended periods of time
- Experience in a busy office setting
- Experience in an agriculture related field
Apply at https://jobs.ncsu.edu/
About the job
|Location||Raleigh, North Carolina|
|Date||21 April 2019|