NAFSN regularly searches for food systems–related job opportunities from a dozen green job sites as well as COMFOODJOBS email list. Please note that this list is for professional or managerial positions only that pay at least a LIVING WAGE in your locale. Farm apprenticeships and internships are not included. Other farm management positions are welcome.
If you would like us to post a job opportunity, send details with links and contacts to: Duncan Hilchey
Job Detail: Executive Director
The executive director is responsible for ensuring that Grow Food Northampton fulfills its mission, achieves the goals and objectives of its strategic plan, and secures long-term financial sustainability.
Position Roles and Responsibilities:
Board of directors
- Serve as principal liaison between board and staff
- Work closely with board leadership and committees
- Provide information for decision-making
- Report on organizational and financial progress
- Help recruit and orient new board members
Fundraising and Development
- Develop and manage a multifaceted, robust, year-round fundraising plan
- Identify and cultivate donors and plan for donor retention
- Identify and cultivate business sponsorships ○
- Enlist board of directors participation in fundraising program
- Manage fundraising campaigns such as spring and fall appeals, ValleyGrows, SNAP appeal, etc.
- Ensure effective donor management system for tracking, reporting, and communication
- Research, write, and report for grants, in collaboration with Director of Programs
- Create fundraising events that support the budget and strengthen the GFN brand
- In collaboration with the board and staff, spearhead and implement strategic planning on a five-year cycle
- Ensure that outreach, communications, development, and programs adhere to strategic plan goals
- Supervise, advise, and collaborate with Director of Programs (who supervises Giving Garden Manager, Grow Food Kids Leader, Tuesday Market Manager, and Community Garden Manager)
- Supervise, advise, and collaborate with Communications and Outreach Manager
- Supervise, advise, and collaborate with Administrative Manager
- Promote a collegial work environment that fosters collaboration, growth, and leadership among GFN staff
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree preferred, and we will consider candidates with commensurate education and/or experience
- Minimum three years executive-level nonprofit organizational leadership, management, and experience working with nonprofit boards of directors.
- Experience preparing and managing nonprofit organizational budgets of $375,000 or more. Understand nonprofit financial-management principles, policies, and best practices.
- Demonstrated success in and enthusiasm for nonprofit fundraising, including grant writing and management, major-gift development, donor development and retention, community-building and fundraising events, and capital campaigns.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and conflict-resolution skills. Team-oriented, personable, professional, and solution-focused.
- Demonstrated success supervising staff, including setting clear responsibilities and goals, monitoring performance, and providing feedback.
GFN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Wage: $52,000 to $60,000 commensurate with experience.
- Benefits include health coverage, retirement plan, and paid vacation
- Length of term: Annual contract with initial 90-day probationary period in Year One.
- Commencement of term: January 2, 2020
- Hours: This is a full time (40 hours/week) salaried position. Some evening and weekend activities should be expected.
- Supervision: Reports to the GFN Board of Directors; GFN has a total of seven staff members, including the Executive Director. Direct reports: Director of Programs, Communications and Outreach Manager, and Administrative Manager
Application Procedure: In PDF format, please submit resume, cover letter, and a list of at least three professional references with contact information to EDSearch@growfoodnorthampton.com. Application deadline: Monday, November 25, 2019, 5pm
Find more information about the position here!
About the job
|Date||14 November 2019|