NAFSN regularly searches for food systems–related job opportunities from a dozen green job sites as well as COMFOODJOBS email list. Please note that this list is for professional or managerial positions only that pay at least a LIVING WAGE in your locale. Farm apprenticeships and internships are not included. Other farm management positions are welcome.
If you would like us to post a job opportunity, send details with links and contacts to: Duncan Hilchey
Job Detail: Farmers Market Access and Equity Program Manager
The Farmers’ Market Access & Equity (FMAE) programming works to achieve the Ecology Center’s goals to create a more healthy, just, sustainable food system. The Program works to establish, implement, promote, and incentivize Federal Assistance Benefit use at farmers’ markets and other direct marketing outlets statewide. The goal of the program is to create greater healthy food choices for low-income and underserved populations and drive additional customers/income to farmers at farmers’ markets.
- With Program Director, develop work-plan, goals, and objectives for the Farmers’ Market Access and Equity Program in accordance with the Ecology Center’s mission, goals, and strategic plan
- Manage execution of federal grant funds in accordance with applicable regulations in order to meet grant deliverables
- Manage and execute work-plan, goals, and deliverables associated with the Farmers’ Market Access and Equity Program, and all associated grants.
- With Senior Accountant, Program Director, and Deputy Director, develop and manage program and grant budgets following organizational policies and procedures; Ensure timely preparation and submission of payroll and invoices
- Hire, train, supervise, and evaluate performance of Farmers’ Market Access and Equity staff; develop a collaborative team in managing all aspects of the Farmers’ Market Access and Equity Program
- Represent Ecology Center to the general public, as well as decision-makers, elected officials, and partners, on issues relating to CalFresh/SNAP EBT access and Incentives at California Farmers’ Markets
- Participate with relevant state and national-level committees and coalitions; maintain communication and partnerships as appropriate with other California healthy food access programs, and with similar projects in other states
- Participate in the identification of and applications for grants to develop the Ecology Center Farmers’ Market Access and Equity Program; Work with Program Director, Development Director and other staff to achieve organizational strategic goals related to fundraising, including events, membership, and donor cultivation
- Lead recruitment, training, and on-boarding efforts for current and new partners offering Market Match incentives, and continue to grow the California Market Match Consortium (CMMC); Develop, manage, and oversee contractor budgets and scopes of work; cultivate a community of practice through developing and facilitating regular CMMC webinars and annual in-person meeting; conduct site visits to ensure compliance with grant and contract requirements.
- Lead efforts to educate, recruit, and inform farmers’ market managers, associations, and partner organizations interested in CalFresh EBT access at farmers’ markets and Market Match incentives, through the development and distribution of Program communications, including informational materials and e-newsletters.
- Ensure high quality data collection, aggregation, and reporting of program metrics for statewide programs, and prepare reports and fulfill data requests as needed in collaboration with Program Director and Development Director
- In collaboration with the Program Director and Development Director, manage promotion and media relations for national, statewide and local media market efforts to increase participation in our programs and to increase visibility to key constituents
- Ensure that Farmers’ Market Access and Equity staff observe safe operating practices and comply with organizational safety policies
- Maintain familiarity with, follow, and ensure staff compliance with all Ecology Center policies and procedures in the performance of daily duties
- Perform other duties as assigned
- At least three years of grant management experience, including developing and monitoring complex budgets
- At least three years of program/project management experience
- At least two years experience in supervisory or management position
- Demonstrated commitment to the Ecology Center mission and vision
- Demonstrated success managing government grants.
- Proven ability to work independently and exercise good judgment in a variety of environments and situations
- Proven ability to manage complex budgets
- Proven ability to manage and supervise at least 3 staff and develop a collaborative team
- Proven ability to lead and facilitate a coalition, stakeholder group, or community of practice
- Proven ability for developing and maintaining collaborative relationships with clients and non-profit partners, government agencies, policy-makers, funders, other stakeholders, and members of the public
- Strong familiarity with local, statewide and national healthy food access programs; federal nutrition programs such as CalFresh and the Women Infants and Children (WIC) Program
- Experience with promotions and media relations
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office-Word, Excel, group e-mail, GoogleDocs and applications and use of social media
- Ability to communicate effectively and courteously with a diverse audience even when in conflict
- Flexibility and creativity, ability to “think on your feet” and find appropriate solutions to unique challenges
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Possession of a valid California driver’s license
- Ability to travel up to 25 percent of time
Compensation and Benefits:
Full-time, exempt position; starting pay range is $63,000 to $71,500, depending on qualifications. Please note that only internal candidates are eligible for the highest starting pay rate. This position is eligible for benefits which include fully paid employee medical, dental, optional vision plan, fully vested 401K plan, vacation/sick/holiday pay, Employee Assistance Program and EcoStore discount.
How to Apply:
- Complete application found at www.ecologycenter.org/jobs/
- Send completed application, resume, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please add “FMAE Program Manager” in the e-mail subject line. Please note that all application materials must be submitted to be considered for an interview.
About the job
|Date||20 October 2019|